I love experimenting in the kitchen. I like to try new recipes at least once a week. Check out some of my favorites!
tweaked version of hearty vegetable lasagna from allrecipes.com
You will need…
~lasagna pan/baking dish
~1 (16 ounce) package whole wheat (or your fave) lasagna noodles
~1 package THAWED frozen spinach
~1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
~1 chopped green bell pepper
~1 chopped onion
~1 cup shredded carrot
~3 cloves garlic, minced
~2 tablespoons vegetable oil
~2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce
~1 teaspoon dried basil
~1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
~4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
~1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook the lasagna noodles in a large pot of boiling water for 10 minutes, or until al dente. Rinse with cold water, and drain.
2. In a large saucepan, cook and stir mushrooms, carrots, green peppers, onion, and garlic in oil. Stir in pasta sauce and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Mix together ricotta, thawed spinach, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, and eggs.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
5. Spread 1 cup tomato sauce into the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer 1/2 each, lasagna noodles, ricotta mix, sauce, and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layering, and top with remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Spinach Dip Bread Bowl is the easiest party go-to and super tasty! I use the Knorr recipe with a few tweaks!
You will need…
~ 1 round pumpernickel loaf
~ 1 packet of Knorr Vegetable Recipe mix
~ 1 box of frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry
~ 1 (16oz.) container of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
~ 1 cup mayonnaise
~ 1 (8oz.) can of whole water chestnuts drained and chopped (not too small!)
~ a few finely chopped chives
1. Thaw your spinach in a bowl of cool water. Once thawed, drain water and squeeze excess water out of spinach
2. Mix all your ingredients together
3. Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours
4. Right before serving, cut a circular shape in the top of the loaf of bread and cut up pieces to dip in.
5. Put bread bowl and pieces of bread on the tray, load the bread bowl up with dip and enjoy!